Workflow Field Guide
Get a Step Ahead of Siri Shortcuts
Workflow is one of the most powerful apps available for the iPhone and iPad. Using Workflow, you can combine functions from different applications to make things happen on your iPhone and iPad wicked fast. Because it's so flexible, Workflow is difficult to get started with. That's where this video field guide comes in.
The Workflow Video Field Guide starts with a few, easy workflows and builds upon them over the course of an hour to turn you into a Workflow pro. By the time you get to the end, you'll be able to roll your own workflows and change the way you work on your iPhone and iPad.
Some of the Workflows in the video include:
- Build your own animated GIF and share it.
- Automate notifications to family and friends when you're running late.
- Send a message to your family so they know when to expect you home.
- Get a Google Street View picture of the address of your next appointment.
- Have your phone automatically give you the travel time and directions to your next appointment.
- Share your location with friends and family with one tap.
- Easily send screenshots to your Mac via AirDrop.
- Automatically send photos from your phone to your Mac.
- Have your iPhone show the location of your photos on a map.
- Upload images to Dropbox.
- Convert images to different file formats automatically.
- Resize and send photos.
- Blast photos out to multiple sharing services with one workflow.
- Share your most played music.
- Get walking directions to the nearest coffee or tea shop.
- Have your iPhone or iPad look at your calendar for a given day and prepare a message displaying your availability.
- Create custom iOS extensions
- Save documents, websites, and other data directly to PDF
- Create a custom workflow to take a picture of a receipt, give it a custom name, and save it to Dropbox.
- Build your own tip calculator app. (Yup. Tip calculator.)
- Set up a workflow to check your battery level, adjust your screen brightness, and send you a message.
Workflow has over 200 available actions that you can mix and match to make your iPhone and iPad dance for you. Don't you want to see that? This screencast is fully bookmarked, an hour long, and engineered to make you a Workflow master.
David Sparks speaks and writes about how to use technology to be more productive. David is a past speaker at Macworld / iWorld and a regular faculty member for the American Bar Association’s TechShow.
David has published numerous books and videos on how to use technology including the MacSparky Field Guide series that includes videos and books on managing email, going paperless, and how to make a winning presentation. David is also co-host of the popular Mac Power Users, Automators, and Focused podcasts. When not speaking and writing about technology, David is a Business Attorney in Orange County, California.